Release Date: 13.04.2022
- Updated Safety Car added to Retail and ModDev. Old Safety Car removed.
- Added a visual driving line feature, this can be toggled from settings
- Removed texture cache to simplify loading a bit
- Added an option to set the amount of water on roads at the start of a session.
- Increased the rate of RealRoad calculations by approximately x4.
- Added a server option to disable faster real road calculations, as this adds approximately an extra 4KBps per client to server overheads.
- Minor update to default weather conditions for different profiles (Rainy/Overcast/Sunny etc)
- Updated how road and rain conditions are reported. Old percentage values now snap to a set percent for each tyre of condition, masking the true absolute condition in the game. The Default HUD has been updated to show a text description.
- Corrected Rear Flap System default wet weather disable point to work with new weather ranges.
- Fixed an issue where Cameras constrained to specific paths would not work correctly in replays.
- Extended Freelook mode to allow control via joypads as well as adjustments of exposure, aperture, sensor size and focus.
- Decreased interval of Static Mapper updates from 5 minutes to 10 seconds. This should result in smoother lighting changes at dawn / dusk and as weather conditions change.
- Corrected Sky Colour to remove Cyan Effect
- Slight adjustments to exposure for sky colour adjustments when sun at it's highest.
- Minor Atmospheric Corrections, including linking AirMass to AirPollution,
- Reducing Fog Brightness Slightly
- Reduced Exposure a touch when the sun is around 10 degrees of altitude.
- Improved cloud selection at different weather settings
- Minor cloud texture improvements
- Fixed an issue where Clouds would disappear at really high altitudes
- Fixed issues with lighting interpolation in sky rendering at Dusk/Sunrise, which would result in jumps in lighting values.
- Fixed puddle splashes not setting when rain drops are not used (set to off or scene viewer)
- Fixed lighting on spray during wet conditions, and tweaked particle profile
- Updated reflections on PBR Road and Curb Shaders
- Updated Rain Particle settings and fixed rendering on ultra wide screens
- Passed through particle settings refining Spray, Dust, Smoke and more.
- Fixed an issue in VR where the scene would over exposure
- Fixed an issue in VR where replay mode would not render correctly
- Driver labels now work in VR
- New behaviour archetype concept in the rF2Particles.pcd file.
- New sparks archetype that brings:
- Particle movement and camera movement based motion blur that can be clamped to a target camera refresh rate (shutter speed)
- Movement behaviour based on airflow estimations around the car.
- Terrain and car underbody collisions.
- Additional light emission from particle.
- New sparks particle effect that gets activated when undertray points of the car scrapes on the ground.
- Backwards compatibility with existing cars and tracks.
- Implemented enhanced cooling system for oil & water with new parameters in the .hdv file The new model includes:
- Direct heat transfer between water and oil
- Oil radiator
- Switchover Thermostat
- Separated front and rear brake ducts
- Added configurable gear shift protection
- New algorithm for wet road calculations effecting how quickly surfaces get wet and dry, taking into account drainage, humidity, ambient temperature and sky weather conditions.
- Updated tyre grip calculations on rubbered in areas when surfaces are wet
- Added AI Dry Tyre strategy (Random Dry Tyre in Practice, Softs in Qualifying and try to pick an appropriate tyre for race strategy in race)
- AI now check if to change Tyre Type just before the pit road entry rather than at the start of the lap
- Fixed various issues around AI Tyre Selection when session changes and weather changes - such as not switching to wet tyres when it was dry before but now is wet.
- Fixed an issue with calculating road conditions when changing session where they would not fully compute.
- Fixed an issue where cars that don't allow pit stop refuelling would run a full tank in practice and qualifying
- Prevent AI from leaving pits in closed session
- Fixed an issue where if there was a set of valid wet tyres, intermediate tyres would default to dry tyres.
- Always show official sticky servers in the server list even if filters are active.
- Enabled "Restart warmup" button also when event is in race session.
- Updated button layout in session controls and setup summary.
- Added fading out of screen when leaving event or replay.
- Added condensing of tire name when too long to fit in event standings table.
- Added help text when hovering over various settings
- Added music to showroom
- Changed breaking of long chat lines so they only break on full words
- Fixed getting stuck in assign control pop-up after assigning tab key
- Disabled user text selection everywhere except in text fields
- Added highlighting of assigned control key values when hovering over with mouse
- Improved transition between different profiles in graphics and gameplay settings menus
- Refined styling of car classes in event screen
- Refined styling of car classes in fullscreen standings ticker
- Disabled "Default max wheel angle" setting when "Max wheel angle mode" is set to automatic
- Disabled "Steering wheel range" setting when "Range set by vehicle" setting is enabled
- Hid the car selection list when the drive/spectate pop-up is showing when joining a server directly with a join link
- Changed searching for cars and tracks so that the list scroll position is kept at the top after search (clearing the search text will scroll to the selected item)
- Enabled car selection on server during a practice session
- Made it possible to add multiple custom graphics profiles
- Made it possible to add multiple custom gameplay difficulty profiles
- Always sort "All Tracks & Cars" to the top of the list in singleplayer series selection
- Added fallback image for showcase tile in case the actual image cannot be loaded
- Updated showcase, news and store tiles background image positioning and scaling
- Added option to expand server chat window to full height
- Setup notes for the highlighted setup (the one you clicked on in the setup list but not yet loaded) are now shown on the setup summary page
- Setup notes can now be typed in the setup summary page (the setup still has to be saved to save the changes)
- When saving a setup, the folder for the current track will be selected by default (instead of the folder of the loaded setup)
- Removed automatically expanding all found items in car and track selection after search
- Added highlighting of selected opponent filters
- Fixed multiplayer screen with drive/spectate pop-up showing too soon when using +connect to join a server, and if and when content install is still in progress
- You can now select car upgrades directly from the car selection screen without going to the showroom (both in singleplayer and multiplayer)
- Disabled singleplayer grid position setting if qualifying is enabled
- Added two new gearbox graphs:
- Top speed per gear
- RPM after upshift
- The existing graph, gear spacing, is kept as a third option
- Fixed occasional blank page in the first launch wizard when going to the exit screen and back
- Reordered difficulty settings and sliders
- Singleplayer RealRoad settings are now enabled only when the weather preset is set to "Scripted"
- Renamed "Steering effects strength" setting to "Force feedback direction"
- Singleplayer "Race Laps" and "Race Time" settings are now disabled/enabled based on the "Finish Criteria" setting
- A singleplayer session can now also be enabled by clicking on the disabled session button in quick event
- Added IBL Visualizer Debug tool to Scene Viewer (already present in ModDev)
- Added Texture UV Mip Debug tool to Scene Viewer (already present in ModDev)
- Added AI Vocal Strategy Player File debug option for Mod Dev (Pit Strategies, Tyre Changes and when selected what they are doing - can be expanded in future).
- Fixed overcast preview mode (note: this is not exactly the same as in game)
- Updated sample wet masks at Loch Drummond
- New 3D Sound Engine
- Increased amount of simultaneous effects to 256
- Environmental effects and filtering system
- Proper cockpit filtering
- Autodetection of open and closed cockpits for environment effects and filtering
- Sound effects such as skid, kerbs, gravel, wind, suspension and many more now work online and in replays
- Support for full surround sound setups
- HRTF support (Binaural headphone experience)
- Improved VR experience
- Backwards compatible
- Many new sound effects
- Support for trackside broadcast microphones
- Every car now causes audible ambient noise around the whole track
- Brand new, modern, customisable file format with much more freedom for audio designers
- Improved debugging tools for dev mode
Release Candidate Hotfix
- Fixed AI not having fuel in some circumstances at the start of races.
- Fixed default camera profiles for Freelook
- Added Moza Controller Profiles
Oreca 07 0.93
- Added audio compatible with new sound engine
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Articles in this section
- December Hotfix #2
- December Update
- December Release Candidate Hotfix
- November Release Candidate Hotfix 7
- November Release Candidate Hotfix 6
- November Release Candidate Hotfix 5
- November Release Candidate Hotfix 4
- 2022 Q4 Content Drop & Update
- November Release Candidate Hotfix 3
- November Release Candidate Hotfix 2